POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Group image : Re: Group image Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Group image
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 24 Mar 2008 16:30:42
Message: <47e81d82@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:

> In reviewing that thread (which was fun while we did it :) ), I think
> the biggest problem was that the changes posted were too tame.

Actually, I think the biggest problem was that the scene got
too complex too early. Quickly grabbing the scene, making a
small modification, and reposting the new version is only
possible when the render time stays short (there could be
a progression of ping pong phases from basic design over
more complex geometry to texturing and finally lighting).

Also, it may be better to exclude additions of external files
such as mesh objects, which make the scene unwieldy and parts of
the scene no longer editable in a practical manner for most users.